My Guide Website?
From Catania: Syracuse, Ortigia and Noto Full-Day Tour86 Reviews
Journey back in time on a tour of 2 beautiful cities of Sicily. Discover the Ancient Greek history of Syracuse and visit the "Garden of Stone" in Noto at the foot of the Iblean Mountains.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour
- From Catania: Taormina, Savoca, & Castelmola Tour w/ Brunch
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Segesta, Erice and Salt Pans Full-Day Excursion from Palermo
- See the remains of Greek temples in Syracuse
- Stroll the ancient streets of Ortygia
- Marvel at the Baroque monuments of Noto
DescriptionExplore the Greek history of Syracuse and see the remains of the temples of Apollo and Athena on the island of Ortygia. Visit the Greek theater, see the latomie (stone quarries) of Neapolis and discover the site of ancient Epipoli. Pass the cathedral, where the origins of the Greek Temple of Athena date back to the 5th century BC. Learn the legend of Arethusa, patron figure of Syracuse and get the chance to see paintings by Caravaggio in the Basilica of Santa Lucia. Next, discover the 'Garden of Stone' at Noto, renowned for its Baroque heritage and reconstruction on Meti Hill following an earthquake in 1693.
IncludesPick-up and drop off at your accommodation or port of call All transfers by air-conditioned car or minivan English-speaking driver/guide Gas Parking fees Tolls
- Please note that activities may be subject to cancellation due to weather conditions