From Catania: Full-Day Mount Etna and Taormina Tour291 Reviews
Explore the beautiful landscape of Mount Etna and it's neighboring town of Taormina on this full-day private tour. Set on the stunning coastline of Sicily, discover a fragile world that both thrives on and is threatened by its surroundings.
- Explore mysterious volcanic caves.
- Taste organic produce straight from the fertile soils of the volcano.
- Peer into the depths of the volcano from the ridge of an ancient crater.
- Enjoy a relaxing afternoon exploring the beautiful town of Taormina.
- Soak up spectacular views from the hillsides of Mount Etna.
DescriptionNo trip to Sicily would be complete without a visit to the tempestuous territories of Mount Etna. Just jump in the shuttle bus and head out into the lunar landscape of one of the world’s most active volcanoes. At over 6,500 ft (1,981 meters), this majestic mountain dominates the coastline, concealing plenty of treasures within its lair. Starting at Rifugio Sapienza, follow the line of the old Sivestri craters down into a cave of lava formed during the eruption of 1792. From here, head to the province of Zafferana, where you'll visit a local organic farm and sample honey and wine, cultivated in the fertile soils of the region. En route to Taormina, make a pit stop in the spectacular wildlife reserve of Isola Bella where you can take a dip in the in the crystal blue waters of the Grotta Azzura, one of the many caves hidden away in the park. Spend lunch at your leisure in Taormina, then re-group to check out the highlights of this unique historical town. From the old world charm of the ancient Greek theater, to the breathtaking views of the Bay of Nexus, and the striking architecture of Palazza Corvaja, this town steals the heart of every visitor.
IncludesReturn transfer by shuttle bus (hotel pick-up and drop off for Catania only) Multilingual tourist guide Trekking and snowshoes (on request) Kit for cave visit Sampling of local products Infant price includes baby seat or baby carrier Lunch Optional visit to Greek Theater High altitude option (to go up to 2,900 meters)
- The cablecar up to 2,500 meters costs an additional 30€ per person
- The cablecar with off-road bus and volcanic guide up to 2,900 meters (central craters) costs an additional 66€ per person
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability