My Guide Website?
Etna South: High Altitude Winter Trek with an Alpine Guide21 Reviews
Enjoy the magnificence of Etna and its bright colors in the coldest period of the year. Explore snowy landscapes circled by the beauty of the volcano with licensed alpine and volcanological guides.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Aeolian Islands: Active Volcano Tour
- Etna: Craters of the 2002 Eruption Trekking Experience
- Palermo: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour 24-hour Ticket
- Catania: City Highlights Tour with Guide
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Climb up the highest active volcano in Europe with volcano guides
- Soak in once-in-a-lifetime views of the volcano's awe-inspiring craters
- Trek across snowy landscapes and admire the beauty of mother nature
- Ride the cable car up and learn about the eruption that happened in 2001
- Take advantage of high-quality gear, such as boots and crampons
DescriptionThis excursion of remarkable beauty is guided by authorized alpine/volcanological guides. The groups are very small to make the excursion safe and intimate. Experience Mount Etna's winter landscape on a hiking tour for experienced hikers. Ride a cable car and will climb up to about 3,000 meters of altitude. Departing from Ashàra info point located in Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza, take a cable car up to an altitude of 2,500 meters. From there, start the trek to about 3,000 meters. The presence of ice and snow makes this excursion an activity a fun challenge for experienced hikers. Walk through long stretches of snow and visit the cone from the eruption of 2001, the Valle del Bove, and the Barbagallo craters. Admire the summit crater of Etna from a safe distance before starting the trek back. If the snow conditions allow, visit a lava channel before arriving at the upper station of the cable car that you'll ride back.
IncludesVolcanological or alpine guide Hiking boots Helmet Walking sticks Necessary snow equipment
- This trip is suitable for experienced hikers. To avoid any risks, you should be in good health and inform your guide before the hike of any medical issues Given the continuous and unpredictable nature of the volcanic activity, the trip could require variations or be canceled for safety reasons or ice presence. The guide is entitled to stop the excursion or change the itineart for any reason that could compromise the safety of anyone in the group