My Guide Website?
Catania: Heart of the City Guided Walking Tour42 Reviews
Explore the streets of Catania on a this walking tour. Learn from a local as you discover the city's top sights like the Piazza Duomo, the Catania Cathedral, and the Ursino Castle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- Step back in time as you hear about the city's facinating past
- Soak up and array of monuments as you walk down Via Crociferi
- Capture pictures of top sights like the Cathedral of Catania and Ursino Castle
- Live like a local with nightlife and restaurant tips from your guide
- Find out where to shop like a local with a stroll through the fish market
DescriptionDive into the main monuments in Catania's city center on this guided walking tour. Follow a local guide to uncover history, legends, and facinating anecdotes about daily life in Sicily. Get tips on what to see and do during your time in the city. Meet your licensed guide in Piazza Duomo and admire the statue of the elephant, which is the symbol of Catani. Take a peak inside the Cathedral of Catania, which is the seat of the Archbishops of Catania. Stroll through the lively fish market to see nice restaurants and view an area with a rich nightlife. Stop outside the Ursino Castle, the only medieval monument that survived the terrible earthquake which destroyed Catania in 1693. Enjoy the stunning monasteries, churches and palaces which have made the Via Crociferi street so famous. Finish the tour in Piazza Università, one of the most scenic squares in the city and just a short walk from Duomo Square.
IncludesLocal, licensed guide Walking tour
- This tour takes place rain or shine, but if the weather is particularly bad, it might be cancelled
- There are no entrance fees to pay as the tour takes place outside the attractions. However, the main monuments will be explained in a way that will help you decide what you want to visit on your own after the tour