Mount Etna Summit and Crater Trek
Are you a business owner in Sicily?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Sicily.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Trek to the top of Mount Etna
- Learn about Europe's most active volcano from an experienced guide
- Hike through lava fields and get stunning views from 3,300 meters above sea level
- Ride a cable car up the side of an active volcano
DescriptionGet a short briefing from your expert guide at the Crateri Silvestri restaurant on the slopes of Mount Etna and then ride the cable car to an altitude of 2,500 meters above sea level. Transfer to a 4WD bus and continue up the mountain to reach a height of 2,900 meters above sea level near the Torre del Filosofo. Then, start your 2-hour trek to the crater summit and take breaks along the way to enjoy the scenery and views. Walk through the lunar landscape of the lava fields as you make your way along the nature trails of the highest active volcano in Europe. Take in the panoramic views from the summit and then trek back down to the upper cable car station. Return to the meeting point by cable car and get your last views of the brooding mountain.
IncludesTrek to the summit craters of Mount Etna Volcano guide Helmet Cable car ride and 4WD bus ticket (€50)
- This activity is suitable for those with medium physical training and who are accustomed to walking on sand and rock when there are no trails. Some parts of the path may be exposed
- You must be at least 10 years old to take part
- Please inform the guide of any health conditions or concerns
- This activity is not suitable for people who are at least 3 months pregnant
- This activity is not suitable for people with heart disease or who suffer from asthma or vertigo
- The use of contact lenses is forbidden due to the presence of volcanic ash spread by the wind
- Wear trekking boots with high socks and bring a trekking pole (recommended)
- Bring an extra T-shirt, long trousers (recommended), a pullover and anorak, gloves and a hat (recommended)
- Bring a 10 to 20-liter backpack, at least 1.5 liters of water, a snack and packed lunch
- Bring sunglasses (recommended) and sun cream (recommended)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Taormina: Isola Bella Mini Cruise
Discover the “Pearl of the Ionian Sea” on a 2.5-Hour boat cruise along the coastline of Sicily from Giardini Naxos to Isola Bella. Explore the Blue Grotto and swim in27 ReviewsFrom €35.00
Taormina: 3.5-Hour Food-Hopping Tour and Tasting with a View
No matter where you go in Taormina, your eye always catches a glimpse of the beautiful Etna volcano. On your food-hopping tour, discover the secret hot spots of Taormina’s delightful cuisine!
Aeolian Islands Tour to Lipari and Vulcano
Visit two of the Aeolian Islands, a UNESCO Heritage Site in Sicily. Fist visit Vulcano, shaped in two extinct craters where you can explore the island and mud-baths. Later visit Lipari, the capital, with its museums, food and beautiful white beaches.From €125.00
If you are not a keen hiker, but still would like to discover Mount Etna than hop on the Circumetnea train which encircles the often smouldering volcano and rides through
Cooking Class with the Duchess of PalmaPalermo, Sicily
A cooking day with the Duchess of Palma is a culinary and cultural experience in an 18th century palazzo by the sea............
Mondello Beach is one of the most fashionable beaches in Sicily. It's Palermo's 'bathtub', boasting super fine sand, crystal clear turqouise waters along with countless s
Azienda Agricola Panda by PantaleoneSelinunte, Sicily
The Panda farm, around 10 hectares and in the shadow of the acropolis of Selinunte, has renowned excellence in wine production and includes Chardonnay, Syrah, Nero D'Avol
La Foresteria Planeta EstateAgrigento, Sicily
The La Foresteria resort is the hallmark of the hospitality of the Planeta family, the ambassadors of Sicily and of its fine wines and oils throughout the world..........
Catania: Private Guided Etna Excursion
A private and guided tour up Mount Etna with a professional guide. You will be shown the geographical highlights of this stunning region, before ascending toward the summ1 ReviewsFrom €440.00
CityBySee Green Tour TaorminaTaormina, Sicily
Discover the main sites of charming Taormina together with a guide on the "Green Tour" of CityBySee............