Mount Etna: Excursion to the Base of the Summit Craters
Are you a business owner in Sicily?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Sicily.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- See the main crater of Mount Etna
- Visit Mount Etna at two different altitudes of 2000 meters and 2950 meters
- Enjoy a lunch of typical street food products and Mount Etna wine
- Take a trek on the South side of Etna to visit a volcanic cave
DescriptionYour expert guide will pick you up at your accommodation in Catania, or another central location, around 8:30 AM. The guide will drive you to Rifugio Sapienza where you will the cable car to 2500 meters. Here, a 4x4 vehicle will take you to 2950 meters. With the guide, enjoy the magnificence of the volcano in front of the impressive Central and South-Eastern Craters, which are surrounded by ancient and recent lava flows. Return to Rifugio Sapienza to head in the direction of Monte Nero Degli Zappini. Take a nature walk with your guide to discover the geological and botanical aspects of Etna. You will stop nearby the mountain shelter Santa Barbara for a picnic from an authentic Sicilian bakery accompanied by water and Mount Etna wine. In the afternoon, you will visit a volcanic cave and use helmets and torches to safely explore the depth of the volcano. Your expert guide will teach you some basic information about speleology and the fascinating phenomenon related to eruptions.
IncludesTransportation in a jeep or minibus from Catania Cable car ticket Expert guide Nature walk with a geologist, volcanologists, or agronomists Picnic Equipment, if required Insurance
- Please note that you will not reach the summit of Mount Etna at 3343 meters, you will reach the base of the summit craters at 2950 meters
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if the minimum number requirements are not met
- If the weather conditions or volcano status do not permit access to the summit area the tour will reach the maximum altitude of 2000 meters and you will receive a 50% refund
- When there is snow the cable car must use a snow cat vehicle, which increases the price by 30EUR per person
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must advise us when booking if you require trekking shoes or a jacket
- You must advise us when booking if you require an infant seat
- Please advise us of any dietary requirements
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Taormina: Isola Bella Mini Cruise
Discover the “Pearl of the Ionian Sea” on a 2.5-Hour boat cruise along the coastline of Sicily from Giardini Naxos to Isola Bella. Explore the Blue Grotto and swim in27 ReviewsFrom €35.00
Taormina: 3.5-Hour Food-Hopping Tour and Tasting with a View
No matter where you go in Taormina, your eye always catches a glimpse of the beautiful Etna volcano. On your food-hopping tour, discover the secret hot spots of Taormina’s delightful cuisine!
Aeolian Islands Tour to Lipari and Vulcano
Visit two of the Aeolian Islands, a UNESCO Heritage Site in Sicily. Fist visit Vulcano, shaped in two extinct craters where you can explore the island and mud-baths. Later visit Lipari, the capital, with its museums, food and beautiful white beaches.From €125.00
If you are not a keen hiker, but still would like to discover Mount Etna than hop on the Circumetnea train which encircles the often smouldering volcano and rides through
Cooking Class with the Duchess of PalmaPalermo, Sicily
A cooking day with the Duchess of Palma is a culinary and cultural experience in an 18th century palazzo by the sea............
Mondello Beach is one of the most fashionable beaches in Sicily. It's Palermo's 'bathtub', boasting super fine sand, crystal clear turqouise waters along with countless s
Azienda Agricola Panda by PantaleoneSelinunte, Sicily
The Panda farm, around 10 hectares and in the shadow of the acropolis of Selinunte, has renowned excellence in wine production and includes Chardonnay, Syrah, Nero D'Avol
La Foresteria Planeta EstateAgrigento, Sicily
The La Foresteria resort is the hallmark of the hospitality of the Planeta family, the ambassadors of Sicily and of its fine wines and oils throughout the world..........
Catania: Private Guided Etna Excursion
A private and guided tour up Mount Etna with a professional guide. You will be shown the geographical highlights of this stunning region, before ascending toward the summ1 ReviewsFrom €440.00
CityBySee Green Tour TaorminaTaormina, Sicily
Discover the main sites of charming Taormina together with a guide on the "Green Tour" of CityBySee............