My Guide Website?
Valley of the Temples & Piazza Armerina Tour From Taormina
Discover the ancient Greek and Roman heritage in Sicily by visiting the impressive Valley of the Temples in Agrigento and the majestic ancient Domus, the Villa Romana del Casale, in Piazza Armerina.
- Explore the impressive Greek Temples at the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento
- Marvel at the majestic Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina
- Admire the incredibly well preserved mosaics of the Villa
- Travel onboard of comfortable 9 seats vehicles
- Enjoy a typical Sicilian brunch with local delicacies and wine
DescriptionStart at around 8.00 am with pickup at the hotel or in its close vicinity in the Taormina area. Drive on board of our 9 seats vehicles towards Agrigento and stop at the Valley of the Temples, declared Unesco World Heritage in 1997. There, it will be possible to admire the ruins of the Greek Temples built between 510 BC and 430 BC ( for example the Temples of Zeus, Juno, Hephaestus, Concordia, Hercules, and Castor & Pollux), supplied with informative brochures and a map for the self-guided tour of the archaeological site (approximately 1,5 hours). Afterward, enjoy a tasty Sicilian brunch with local typical food and wine. Once at Piazza Armerina, explore the majestic Villa Romana del Casale (Unesco World Heritage since 1997) probably one of the largest and elaborated Roman palaces in the world. Built by the ancient Romans in the 4th century, the Villa still preserves 3000 sq. meters of perfectly conserved mosaics and opus sectile pavements. At the end of the day, our driver will drop you off at the starrting point.
IncludesSicilian brunch, water and wine Driver/tour leader Pickup and drop-off in Taormina Transport by air-conditioned minivan Maps and informative brochure for a self-guided tour inside the archaeological areas
- Our driver/tour leader is not permitted to enter the archaeological areas. You will be given extensive information before you enter along with brochures and maps. • You will have approximately 1.5 hours to visit each site.
- The itinerary might be subjected to variations due to factors such as weather conditions and/or if deemed necessary according to the specific group's needs.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€140.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today