Taormina: Full-Day Etna Off-Rod
Experience the north side of Etna up to 1800 meter above the sea level. Walk through this fascinating lava landscape discovering the hidden lava cave and then visit a famous Etna winery and enjoy a tasting of delicious autochthonous Etna wine and food.
- Follow the lava flows only accessible by off-road vehicles
- Enjoy an adventurous drive on the slopes of this magnificent active volcano
- Walk through hidden lava caves
- Learn about life next to an active volcano and admire the volcanic nature
- Visit a winery and taste typical Etna wine and food
DescriptionGet involved on an adventurous off-road drive along the slopes of Europe's most active Volcano in which you will explore the life and amazing nature around this wonderful and peculiar volcanic landscape. This 8-hour tour on the north side of Etna will start in four-wheel drive Jeeps following the main road towards Nunziata Mascali and then continue going up the lava flow of 1928 in lava quarries. After about 50 minutes off-road driving, passing some Sicilian villages, several ancient lava flows and after making a stop near a chapel built by the devotees as thanks to the miracle of the village of Saint Alfio, you will rise up to the craters Sartorius 1865 at about 1750 meters above the sea level, where you can enjoy a pleasant walk of about 50 minutes through the wonderful Etna national park full of vegetation, pines, birch trees and with a soft hike, we then visit the Grotta dei Ladroni, a lava cave formed long time ago. From here, visiting other natural sites of special interest and ancient or most recent lava flows, you get to the refuge Ragabo where you will have free time for lunch and a visit by walk to a lava cave; afterwards you will proceed using off-road vehicles to a winery where you can enjoy a convivial moment of delicious tasting of wines and typical products from Etna. You'll be dragged into this unique and captivating journey by a local expert guide with several years of experience leading groups in this kind of excursions.
IncludesGuide Off-road Wine tasting Lunch
- If you suffer from asthma, have a heart condition, pregnant have walking difficulties or use a wheelchair, this excursion will not be advisable • Bring comfortable thick-soled shoes, an extra jumper (warm clothing is recommended) and a windbreaker • The activity level is rated moderate. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that is also suitable for families
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY