My Guide Website?
Special trekking on the most authentic and wild side of Etna1 Reviews
Visit the side of Etna less frequented by tourists, discover the wild north side on this guided trek, hike along rarely visited paths with a volcano expert, observe fractures, caves and great craters.
- Discover the side less frequented by tourists
- Panoramic trail with views of Taormina and the Aeolian Islands
- Walk along the edges of the largest craters on the north slope
- Valid alternative in case of Sommital Craters closed to the public due to volcanic risk
- Arrival at the highest point safely reachable with guides, in case of summit craters closed to the public
DescriptionThe volcanological guides as figures authorized to lead tourists on active volcanoes, in accordance with the communications of the Civil Protection and the levels of volcanic risk, carry out this excursion up to the maximum safety altitudes foreseen. The route is a valid alternative to the Summit Craters, and is among the most complete and fascinating that can be offered on the volcano, suitable for those who want to walk among craters, fractures in the ground, lava flows and visit exceptional volcanic supply ducts, where a time the molten magmatic mass boiled. The trekking of great volcanological and geological interest, involves the ascent on special 4x4 vehicles from an altitude of 1800 meters to an altitude of 2800 meters (for a total of 8 km of road) accompanied by your volcanological guide who will begin the explanations on board, until arrival at the '' Volcanological Observatory located at high altitude. Then the first trek will begin from an altitude of 2800 to an altitude of about 2900 meters, where we will stop at a panoramic point, with a view of the summit craters, the recent lava flows and the spectacle of Sicily seen from above (variable visibility depending on the weather conditions). After this first walk we will move back to aboard the 4x4 vehicle that will take us to the side of one of the large craters of the north side of Etna, where the longest trek will begin, all planned on foot to the initial starting point. During the journey you will visit the fracture called (Rift) of the north side of Etna, the craters of the eruption of February 24, 1947 you will enter with your protective helmets inside the chimney of a perfectly intact volcanic cone, you will enter inside the mouths that have produced the lava flows. The excursion will continue, on the edge of large explosive craters, through descents composed of slopes of volcanic ash, among the craters generated by innumerable lateral eruptions: 1914 / 24,1809,1874,1879,1911,1923,1974 / 75 up to more recent than 2002 for a total of 6 km of route up to Piano Provenzana. The groups will be distributed according to the number and language of the participants in the various guides in order to avoid the formation of large groups.
IncludesAuthorized Volcanological Guide Trekking poles Protective helmets Accident insurance Trekking shoes Warm Jackets
- - The price includes only the cost of the guide service and not the cost of the transport service that you will pay on the spot directly to your guide who will take care of the purchase of the tickets. - In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date. - For the success of the excursion and for its correct carrying out, it’s good to know perfectly your health conditions, and if necessary, let your guide know about them - The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals - The trekking is for moderately trained hikers (being a path that develops at high altitude) - The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force - Without adequate shoes, you are not covered by insurance - This excursion may be canceled if minimum numbers of 2 are not met
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€45.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today