My Guide Website?
Slowfood Family Farm: From Garden to Table5 Reviews
Enjoying a visit in an Historical River Side Organic Farm : From The Garden To the Table
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- From the Vegetable Garden to the table
- Cooking Class: from Wheat to Pasta
- Olive Oil and Wine tasting
DescriptionPlease always contact us before booking, the calendar is not updated We are a 16 years Off-Grid Slow Food Family Farm incorporating the philosophy of slow life into our everyday lifestyle whilst being guardians of local varieties of vegetables and supporting local wheat, olive oil and wine producers. We are avid researchers of slowfood protected vegatable varieties and we are growing these in our organic vegetable garden. You will have the opportunity to learn all our gardening strategies and see these rare plants and if in season taste them. Like the Giant Onion of Giarratana an endemic variety of onion that can get to over 2 kg of weight, traditionally baked directly on an open fire. The farm has been a sacred site for over 2500 years, Archeologists found altars used by Greeks and Romans. We will tour the archological sites located in the farm. We are inside one of the most famous canyon in Sicily touched by this stunning river in which you will have the opportunity to swim and dive. The river and the ancient diving lagoon make this farm a unique pearl of Siciy to rest under the shade of majestic trees. We will visit the ancient water mill under restoration. We will make a cooking class 'From Milling wheat to pasta' with our moderns tools. We will do olive and wine tasting and gather from our organic vegetable garden as well as wild edible plants for the Sicilian Lunch that we will prepare all together.
IncludesLicensed Historical Guide For Archeological Tour of the Farm Qualified Nature Guide for Edible Wild Plants Recognition Organic Vegetable Garden Visit of the Historical Food & Wine Pantry Local Wine Tasting Local Olive Oil Tasting Cooking Class: From Wheat to Pasta
- Tour start times and dates can be customized, so please contact the local partner in advance if you wish to change the start time or meeting point No entrance tickets are included in the cost of this tour