My Guide Website?
Sicily: Mt. Etna, Wine and Alcantara Tour298 Reviews
Discover two of Sicily's most mesmerizing natural wonders, Mount Etna and the Alcantara Gorges, on a day trip. Go on a trek with a guide and stop for lunch in a local winery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Trapani: Favignana and Levanzo Mini Cruise with Lunch
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- Sicily: The Godfather Filming Locations Tour
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- From Trapani: Salt Road Tour With Winery Visit and Boat Trip
- Trek up Mount Etna with a guide and reach an altitude of 2000 meters
- Savor locally made wine with an authentic Sicilian lunch at a winery
- Visit the lava caves of Grotta del Ladroni or Grotta Cassone with lamps
- Witness centuries-old lava formations and clear pools in the Alcantara Gorges
- Marvel at the basalt columns and freezing waters of the scenic Alcantara River
DescriptionTick off two of Sicily’s must-see attractions in one day on this tour with hotel transfers from Catania. Explore volcanic caves and rock pools on a trek through Alcantara Gorges. Walk around the craters of Mt Etna with an Alpine guide. Make a stop at a local winery for a traditional lunch with wine. Start your Sicilian adventure by meeting your guide in Catania, either at your accommodation or another agreed-upon location. Take a brief, scenic drive by an air-conditioned van to either the Sartorius craters or the 2002 crater on the Northeast side of Etna. Let your guide introduce you to the fascinating world of volcanic phenomena. Walk through ancient woods, extinct craters, and old lava flows. Witness deserts of lava and ashes, peculiar formations, and traces of previous eruptions. Reach a maximum altitude of 2000 meters. Then, strap on your helmets and lamps to explore a volcanic cave like the Grotto del Ladroni or Grotta Cassone. Stop at a nice winery up along the mountain road for an authentic Sicilian lunch including appetizer, first course, water, and wine, which will be served outdoors or indoors depending on the weather. Visit the Alcantara canyons, formed thousands of years ago from the lava flow that invaded the bed of the Alcantara river. Enjoy the spectacular scenery along the Alcantara River. End your day back in Catania where you were picked up.
IncludesNaturalistic guide (geologist, agronomist, biologist and so on) Pickup and drop-off from Catania (close to your accommodation) Roundtrip transportation by air-conditioned van Lunch Wine Water Helmet, flashlight, trekking shoes, and jacket Entrance tickets (for Alcantara Gorges) Insurance
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trekking shoes and jackets are available for free at the moment of the booking if requested
- Infant seats are available on request if requested at the time of booking
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan, and celiac options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour includes insurance