My Guide Website?
Sicily: Mt. Etna & Alcantara Day-Trip95 Reviews
Enjoy a full day of adventure and discover two of Sicily's most mesmerising natural wonders; Mount Etna and the Alcantara Gorges. Go on a trek with your experienced tour guides who will help you uncover the beauty of these majestic landmarks.
- Trek up Mount Etna and reach an altitude of 2000-meters
- Enjoy lunch in a nice farmhouse
- Visit the natural wonder of Alcantara Gorges
- Witness lava formations centuries old
DescriptionStart your Sicilian adventure by meeting your friendly guide in Catania, either at your accomodation or another agreed upon location. After a short meet and greet you will take a brief, scenic drive to either the Sartorius craters, or the 2002 crater on the Northeast side of Etna. Whilst here, you will be introduced through your knowledgeable guide to the fascinating world of volcanic phenomena. Walk through ancient woods, extinct craters and old Lava flows. Witness deserts of lava and ashes, peculiar lava formations and traces of previous eruptions - all part of the unique landscape you will discover on the Northeast side of the volcano. During the excursions you will reach a maximum altitude of 2000-meters. Receive the opportunity to explore a volcanic cave like the Grotto del Ladroni or Grotta Cassone. You will be provided with all the necessary equipment, such as helmets and torches. Stop at a nice farmhouse restaurant up along the mountain road for a genuine Sicilian lunch in a convivial atmosphere (lunch is made of an appetizer, first course, water and wine), outdoor or indoor dependant on weather. After lunch, you will visit the Alcantara canyons, formed thousands of years ago due to lava flow that invaded the bed of the Alcantara river. The crash between the river’s extremely cold water and the incandescent lava created one of the most spectacular sceneries in nature. In the Alcantara river you can bathe, participants are urged to bring their swimsuits and beach shoes. End your day back in Catania at around 18:00 to 18:30. You will be dropped off in the same location you were picked up.
IncludesA professional and passionate naturalist guide Transportation from your hotel with a minibus or Jeep from Catania Lunch, water and wine Insurance Equipment (helmets and torches)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trekking shoes and jackets are available for free at the moment of the booking if requested
- Infant seats are available on request if requested at the time of booking
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan and celiac options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now