My Guide Website?
Piano Provenzana: Guided Mt. Etna Snowshoeing Trek
See Mt. Etna covered in snow on this snowshoeing hike up the volcano. See the massive caters from the 2002 eruption, pass through the structures destroyed by lava flows, and enjoy panoramic views.
- Unique landscapes of its kind
- Contrast between the snow and the dark volcanic rocks
- Woods, lava flows, fractures and lateral craters
- View of the sea and the Summit Craters of Etna
- Regenerating experience
DescriptionUnique snowshoe hike in a spectacular volcanic context. The excursion begins in the snowy forest in Sicily on the Etna volcano at an altitude of 1800 meters in Piano Provenzana. The view along the route allows you to admire the sea of Guardini Naxos and Taormina, in conditions of good visibility you can even see Calabria. You will cross the lava flows of the eruptions of the north side of Etna up to the large craters that destroyed the tourist resort of Piano Provenzana. On the top of the large side craters at an altitude of 2200 meters you will have the opportunity to admire the panorama of the snow-covered volcano up to its top, always active with the emission of volcanic gases. The route is 5 km long (round trip) with a total positive difference in height of 300 meters and a total of 3 hours in duration.
IncludesVolcanological Guide Service Trekking shoes Jacket
- The time of the meeting point may vary, and be brought forward to 8: 45/9: 00 in order to guarantee you can find a place for your cars, given the mass of skiers arriving and the consequent difficulty in finding space for parking. In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date.