Palermo: Private Tour on the Footsteps of the Normans
Explore the fascinating history of Palermo, an authentic gem of Sicily on a 3-hour private guided walking tour. Follow your guide on the footsteps of the Norman kings and Emperor Frederick II and discover the most important Norman sites in the city.
- Explore Palermo from a different perspective, following the footsteps of the Normans
- Visit the beautiful cathedral with its royal tombs, the crypt and the treasure room
- Walk through Piazza della Vittoria and spot the mosaics of the Roman villa
- See the Royal Palace and Palatine Chapel, the political and cultural symbol of the Norman kingdom in Palermo
DescriptionThrough this 3-hour walking tour, you will have the chance to visit, with a private guide, the beautiful city of Palermo from a fascinating historical perspective. You will follow the footsteps of the Norman kings who lived and reigned here during the 11th century. In particular, your guide will take you inside the Palermo Cathedral to visit the crypt and the treasure room. You'll then walk to the Cassaro Alto and to Piazza della Vittoria, where you can still see some of the mosaics of the Roman villa. Your guide will then show you San Giovanni degli Eremiti (from the outside) and after that, you'll have the chance to enjoy a visit inside the Royal Palace and the Palatine Chapel, the political and cultural center of the Norman kingdom in Palermo.
IncludesPrivate tour Expert tour guide Entrance tickets to the cathedral and the Royal Palace
- Please note that the tickets to visit the cathedral €5) and the Royal Palace (€8.50) are not included, but you can easily buy them on the spot (€ 13.50 in total)
- The other attractions can be visited for free
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability