My Guide Website?
Palermo: Mount Etna, Taormina & Castelmola Day Trip8 Reviews
Escape to the natural wonder of Mount Etna and its mesmerizing lava fields on a trip from Palermo. Unveil the charming town of Taormina and catch breathtaking views of Taormina Bay from Castelmola.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- Experience the lava fields and the incredible landscape of Mount Etna
- Take an independent tour of the charming town of Taormina
- Marvel at the panoramic views of the bay and scenery from Castelmola
DescriptionEnjoy a pickup from your accommodation in Palermo, Cefalù, or the Port of Palermo and embark on an exploration of the region's stunning attractions. First, visit the slopes of Mount Etna to experience the lava fields and the incredible landscape view from Europe's highest and most active volcano. The Etna volcano is one of Sicily's main tourist attractions with thousands of visitors every year. The most common route is through the road leading to Sapienza Refuge, lying at the south of the crater at elevation of 1,910m. It hosts a large parking area, several bars, a hotel, and is a starting point for the cable car. From the refuge, you can take the cable car uphill to an elevation of 2,500m. From there, you can take a drive with special terrain vehicles, or enjoy a long walk to the designated crater area at 2,920m. The next stop will be in Taormina where you’ll have leisure time for an independent tour of the town, ideal for strolling and window-shopping. The core of the town is pedestrianized and walking through its streets will indulge you in the Taormina atmosphere. You’ll have time to relax in a café and taste a granita (semi-frozen dessert made from sugar, water, and various flavorings). You can also enjoy an independent visit to the famed Greek theater or the several minor sites to be discovered around Taormina. The last stop will be at Castelmola which offers a balcony over Taormina and the bay of Giardini Naxos framed by the mysterious and beautiful active volcano, Mount Etna. Marvel at the spectacular panoramas, narrow winding streets, and old-world charm of this fascinating comune before being dropped back at your accommodation or at the port.
IncludesPickup and drop-off in Palermo, Cefalù, or the Port of Palermo Private transportation with driver Stops as per itinerary
- Although the driver is included, this is a self-guided tour where you are free to explore each stop independently