My Guide Website?
Palermo: Historical Center Walking Tour with Rooftop Views12 Reviews
Take in Palermo's key landmarks on a guided sightseeing tour of its historical center. Admire Palermo Cathedral and city views from the rooftops. Learn about Palermo's history, architecture, and food.
- Experience a feast for the eyes with city, mountain, and sea views from the roof
- Get an introduction to the Sicilian capital on a guided tour of the old town
- Enjoy panoramic views of Palermo's skyline of spires, cupolas and rooftops
- Take in various architectural styles, including Baroque, Renaissance, and Rococo
- Buy sweets prepared according to the tradition of the nuns of Palermo’s convents
DescriptionDiscover Palermo from above on a guided walking tour. Take in the city's top attractions, including picturesque piazzas, grand churches, and Palermo Cathedral. Explore the rooftops to see the city from up high. Learn about Palermo's history and the Sicilian tradition of baking in convents. Meet your guide at the entrance to Piazza San Domenico, before heading along Corso Vittorio Emanuele, where you can admire many architectural gems, including the impressive Palermo Cathedral with its mix of styles. Then, head to Piazza Bellini and the Roman Catholic Church of Saint Catherine of Alexandria. Marvel at its Renaissance, Baroque, and Rococo features. Discover this former convent's baking roots in the Dolceria, a project aimed at rediscovering the ancient Sicilian tradition of baking in convents. Next, get a whole new perspective on Palermo by climbing up to the roof of the convent of Saint Catherine of Alexandria, where you can admire breathtaking city views. Take in the beauty of the dome of the Baroque Chiesa del Santissimo Salvatore church and the Cathedral from up high. Finally, visit the enchanting Piazza Pretoria, also known as the square of shame, in the middle of the historical center of Palermo. Admire its majestic marble fountain featuring sixteen nude statues of nymphs, humans, mermaids, and satyrs. Then, finish your tour back at the meeting point.
IncludesGuided walking tour Licensed guide Entry tickets Cannolo Tasting at Saint Catherine Church
- This tour is free for children under 10 years old