My Guide Website?
Noto: Baroque Architecture and City Highlights Guided Tour
Explore Noto with a focus on baroque architecture. See the cathedral, the Palazzo Ducezio, grand palaces, and imposing churches, and step inside a historic mansion to marvel at its famous ballroom.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- Look up and admire the hidden deatils of the baroque architecture
- Lose yourself among the noblesse of Noto's palaces
- Enjoy your history lesson with your local guide!
DescriptionNoto is a stone garden where garlands, cherubs, scrolls and masks molded in white stone express the joyful sense of rebirth after tragedy. From the top of a bell tower one has the feeling of embracing in a single glance the beauty of the sunset that shades the contours of the elegant buildings with pink. The first step is meant to appreciate the extraordinary beauty of the Cathedral that rises, as if on a stage, from the top of a monumental staircase, dialoguing with the refined town hall building, Palazzo Ducezio. Facing the majestic Cathedral you have the sensation of being embraced by the architectural elegance and elegant interior décor of Palazzo Ducezio, the current seat of Noto's City Hall, recognized as one of the city's most important historical monuments as well as a representative symbol of Baroque Sicily. A splendid example of 19th-century architecture, the theater stands as a symbol of the city being reborn after the earthquake and the desire to create a space that would respond to the cultural and artistic interests of the place. You will discover a surprising facade decoration that conceals deep meanings. You will grasp the noble dimension in its fullest expression by visiting the interior of the historic mansion, amid period furnishings and frescoed vaults up to the famous ballroom of the powerful Nicolaci family.
IncludesLicensed Guide Ducezio Palace and Theater Ticket Nicolaci Palace Ticket
- It is recommended to bring clothing appropriate for a place of worship, comfortable shoes, a sunhat and sunscreen