My Guide Website?
Mussomeli: Guided Historical Walking Tour1 Reviews
Discover the rich history, art, and culture of Sicily on a guided walking tour in Mussomeli. Stroll through charming alleys and admire beautiful churches and clocktowers in the town's plazas.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Trapani: Favignana and Levanzo Mini Cruise with Lunch
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- Sicily: The Godfather Filming Locations Tour
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- From Trapani: Salt Road Tour With Winery Visit and Boat Trip
- Walk among the history of Mussomeli
- Marvel at the art of Mussomeli
- Discover breathtaking churches
DescriptionCome with us and discover Mussomeli, an old medieval town in the inner part of Sicily. We will show you a place rich in history, art, and culture. We will stroll through its alleys and discover its churches, its palaces, and the artistic beauty inside of them. You will meet our guide in Piazza Umberto I, where your tour to the main palaces and churches in Mussomeli begins. You will then visit the Chiesa Madre, which was built between the 17th and the 18th century. With its at once majestic and refined bell-gable, the architectonic history of the church is marked by its overlapping renovations. You will afterwards discover the typical Clock Tower, which was built in the 16th century and almost fully restored in the early 20th century. At that time, the tower was equipped with a huge three-faced 19th-century clock, which is still visible today. The three faces make it possible for the inhabitants to tell the time from any corner of the town. You will then walk to Palazzo Sgadari, transformed into a prison in the 19th century and, then it became the town hall of Mussomeli. Nowadays, it is the Archaeological Museum of Mussomeli, which collects great archaeological variety of the area. Then, you will visit Palazzo Trabia and along your walk you will also be able to discover the outsides of the following churches: Chiesa della Provvidenza, Chiesa di Santa Margherita, Chiesa dei Monti, and Chiesa di San Giovanni.
- Children between 0 and 5 years old do not pay To ensure adherence to schedules all participants are asked to arrive at the meeting point early. This tour is organized according to current Covid regulations to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection.