Mount Stromboli: 400m-High Summit Excursion
Climb the slopes of Mount Stromboli to admire incredible views of the surrounding nature and the unique elements that only an active volcano can offer.
- Walk along a wild natural landscape
- Admire volcanic explosions every 10-15 minutes from a 400-meter altitude
- Listen to the sound and breath of a live volcano
DescriptionAscend Mount Stromboli for a once-in-a-lifetime experience on top of a live volcano with a knowledgeable local guide. Start your hike through lush vegetation on the Sentiero Paesistico 250-meter trek, where you’ll already begin to see some craters. At Belvedere point, you’ll be able to see the famous talus scree, or depression, Sciara Del Fuoco. After a 20-minute walk, you’ll reach the observation point for an incredible sunset viewing point. From here, you can witness an incredible natural pyrotechnics show from the volcano. During your trek, your guide will describe the geological history of the Aeolian Islands, as well as describe the local flora and fauna, the lifestyle, and the history of human settlements in the Aeolian.
IncludesGuide Trek map Protective helmet Headlamp (not required) Hiking boots Water Snacks
- • In case of high volcanic activity or poor weather, the tour will not take place • This experience can be enjoyed by the whole family, but children under 5 may struggle
- The climb is considered low difficulty, but participants should be in good health, be used to hiking, and have the determination to reach the summit
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY