My Guide Website?
Mount Etna: Winter High Altitude Trekking15 Reviews
Join a once-in-a-lifetime guided trekking trip from Nicolosi to the snow-covered Mount Etna. Ride a cable car and experience the mountain in all its beauty up to the maximum altitude allowed.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- Climb up the highest active volcano in Europe with volcano guides
- Soak in once-in-a-lifetime views of the volcano's awe-inspiring craters
- Trek across snowy landscapes and admire the beauty of mother nature
- Ride the cable car up and learn about the eruption that happened in 2001
- Take advantage of high-quality gear, such as boots and crampons
DescriptionExperience Mount Etna's winter landscape on a hiking tour from Nicolosi for experienced hikers. Ride a cable car and will climb up to about 3,000 meters of altitude accompanied by a volcanological guide. Receive high-quality trekking gear including warm clothes, boots, and crampons. Departing from Rifugio Sapienza, take a cable car up to an altitude of 2,500 meters. From there, start the trek to about 3,000 meters. The presence of ice and snow makes this excursion an activity a fun challenge for experienced hikers. Walk through long stretches of snow and visit the cone from the eruption of 2001, the Valle del Bove, and the Barbagallo craters. Admire the summit crater of Etna from a safe distance before starting the trek back. If the snow conditions allow, visit a lava channel before arriving at the upper station of the cable car that you'll ride back to the ground.
IncludesVolcanological guide Hiking boots Helmet Warm jackets Crampons
- This trip is suitable for experienced hikers. To avoid any risks, you should be in good health and inform your guide before the hike of any medical issues This trip requires a minimum of 4 participants to run Given the continuous and unpredictable nature of the volcanic activity, the trip could require variations or be canceled for safety reasons The guide is entitled to stop the excursion for any reason that could compromise the safety of anyone in the group