Mount Etna Sunset Tour from Catania33 Reviews
Explore the lunar landscapes of Mount Etna on foot and by jeep, and get panoramic views from the most famous active volcano in Europe. Look inside a lava cave and watch an amazing sunset before traveling back to Catania.
- Get panoramic views of the Valle del Bove from Mount Etna
- Explore a lava cave using flashlights and helmets
- Trek through a lunar landscape, 2,000 meters above sea level
- Watch the sunset from the highest active volcano in Europe
- Taste typical wine and cookies from Sicily
DescriptionBenefit from pick-up at your accommodation in Catania by air-conditioned jeep, and then make your way towards Mount Etna with a professional guide. Learn all you need to know about the highest active volcano in Europe, including its origin, evolution and flora and fauna. Experience what it feels like to live next to a powerful volcano as you drive through the small village of Zafferana Etnea, famous for its honey. Take in panoramic views of the Valle del Bove on the eastern slope of the volcano at your 1st stop. Then, continue by jeep to explore a lava cave using flashlights and helmets. Continue up the mountain to get stunning views from 2,000 meters above sea level. Take a guided walking tour around the ancient craters and recent lava flows. Marvel at the lunar landscape as you make your way to a panoramic viewpoint. Enjoy local wine and cookies as you watch the sunset.
IncludesPick-up and drop off at your accommodation in Catania Professional multilingual guide Lava cave kit Helmets and flashlights Lunch and water Pick-up and drop off outside Catania city
- This activity is not recommended for anyone suffering from heart problems, high blood pressure or walking difficulties
- Wear comfortable clothing suitable for the weather
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY