My Guide Website?
Mount Etna: Summit Craters Guided Trekking Tour South Side134 Reviews
Trek across the summit of Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. Walk through a lava tunnel and admire dramatic volcanic landscapes.
- Hike up Europe's highest active volcano and see beautiful views from the top
- See beautiful sights and panoramic views around Etna with a volcano guide
- Feel the raw power of the nature as you examine signs of Etna's past eruptions
- Relax during a ride on a cable car and travel up the side of an active volcano
- Explore one of the volcano's lava tunnels and admire various volcanic craters
DescriptionHike to the top of the highest active volcano in Europe with a volcano guide. Discover views from the summit craters, explore a lava tunnel, and climb above Mt. Etna aboard a cable car up to 8,200 feet (2,500 meters). Meet your guide in the Aitne office in front of the cablecar station of Etna south. Soar over lunar-like landscapes as you reach an altitude of 2900 meters in the Torre del Filosofo area. Observe the Bocca Nuova, a crater that opened in 1968 and is one of the area's most impressive craters. Wander to the top and enjoy 360° views and if the weather allows, see all the way to the Aeolian islands and almost all of northern Sicily. Descend the summit craters and pass through the craters of the 2002 eruption, then walk inside a lava tunnel and admire the volcanic amphitheater of Valle del Bove, a spectacular 8 km long and 4 km wide caldera. Return to the cable car arrival station at the end of the tour, at an altitude of 2500, and go back by cable car to the starting point.
IncludesLive tour guide Mount Etna hike Boots on request Walking sticks on request Wind jacket Helmet
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Save up to 10%
Reserve Your Experience
From €50.00€45.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today