My Guide Website?
Mount Etna: Private Trek on the North Slope Craters2 Reviews
Marvel at the deep craters and stunning lava flows that resulted from Mount Etna's most recent eruption. Discover the best vistas of the North Slope with the help of a private guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Spend the morning exploring Mount Etna with a private guide
- Admire Etna's vast volcanic landscapes and lush beech forests
- Visit Mount Etna's craters and hike along its many lava flows
- Learn about the 2002 volcanic eruption and see its effects
- Hear stories and imagine the power of this mighty volcano
DescriptionTravel to new heights on a guided trek up Europe's highest volcano. Along the way, admire vast volcanic landscapes, cross lava flows, and wander through beech forests. Learn about the local geography from your professional guide and snap photos of the panoramic views. Meet the guide Piano Provenzana, a well-known ski slope in the area. After an introduction and safety briefing, the hike will begin on an easy path along the edge of a lava flow. Gradually climb the mountain through a forest of beech trees before reaching the base of the craters on the northern side. Witness the site where the most important eruption of the last decades took place and hear stories from your local guide. Cross more lava flows that leaked through the sides of the creators and see the remains of the centuries-old Ragabo Pinewood. Your Etna trekking adventure will end back at Piano Provenzana.
- Depending on weather conditions, the reservation may be subject to change or cancellation Please arrive at the meeting point at least 30 minutes in advance