My Guide Website?
Mount Etna Full-Day Winter Bus Tour3 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day tour of Mount Etna, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, exploring the slopes of the mountain.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- From Taormina: Siracusa & Noto Small-Group Tour
- Mount Etna: Guided Volcano Summit Hiking Tour with Cable Car
- Noto, Modica and Ragusa: The Baroque Tour from Catania
- Catania: Noto, Modica and Ragusa Ibla Baroque Tour
- Explore the foot of Mount Etna
- Discover the impressive Alcantara Gorges
- Visit Randazzo's main cathedral, made entirely of lava stone
- Reach 1900 meters and visit the Silvestri craters
DescriptionSpend about 8 hours exploring Mount Etna, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 2013. Depart by bus with a tour leader, stopping first at the Alcantara Gorges. The impressive site was formed from solidified basalt. You can take a walk along the bed of the river (for an additional fee). Continue on to Randazzo, a medieval town, where you’ll visit the historical center and admire the main cathedral that’s made entirely of lava stone. Next the drive follows along the foot of Etna, passing by the town of Adrano in the south. You’ll reach Rifugio Sapienza, Etna South, at an elevation of 1,900 meters. There is the possibility of some soft trekking to visit the most recent lava flows and the Silvestri Craters, now extinct. If you like, there is a further optional ascent by cable car to 2,500 meters, with a continuation by off-road vehicle to the main crater area. This ascent depends on weather and snow conditions and is not included in the tour price.
IncludesTransportation by bus up to Rifugio Sapienza (1900 meters) Tour leader Taxes
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and warm clothing. • Please note, bookings for the next day must be booked at least 15 hours in advance.