My Guide Website?
Linguaglossa: Guided Mt. Etna North and 2002 Craters Hike3 Reviews
Tour the northern side of Mount Etna and see the site of the 2002 eruption on this guided trek. Climb 2,900 meters in a bus, get your heart pumping with a hike, and see gaping volcanic craters.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Connect with nature on a trek through otherworldly landscapes and deep craters
- Take in the stunning panoramic views from the Pizzi Deneri Volcanic Observatory
- Enjoy a guided trek to Valle del Bove and marvel at this colossal volcanic basin
- Learn about volcanoes and the effect of Mount Etna's many eruptions on the towns
- Ascend 2,900 meters on a rocky ride up Mount Etna past moon-like volcanic cones
DescriptionDiscover the northern side of Etna on a full-day trip from Linguaglossa. Marvel at panoramic views from the Pizzi Deneri Volcanic Observatory, drive up the volcano past volcanic cones, and hike along the lunar-like landscape of Mt. Etna. Hop into a bus equipped to handle the rough mountain terrain and head up Mt. Etna. Follow the Northeast Rift, passing eruptive cones from past and recent eruptions. At 2,900 meters, step out of your bus and into the desolate landscapes of the Piano delle Concazze. Begin your hike and learn about the eruptions that have scarred the area from your guide. Trek for about 10 minutes to reach Valle del Bove and the summit craters. While standing above these deep craters, hear about the 2002 eruption and its devastating impact on the surrounding towns. Continue to the Volcanic Observatory at Pizzi Deneri. See the world from above and spot the Aeolian islands, the coast of Taormina, the coast of Catania, the coast of Calabria, and the Stromboli if weather permits before returning to the foot of the volcano in your bus.
IncludesGuide Accident insurance Helmet Roundtrip transportation up Mt. Etna
- The tour itinerary may change at the discretion of the guide or be interrupted if the environmental, atmospheric, or volcanic conditions changes This trek takes place at a high altitude and could be challenging or not feasible for those suffering from cardiovascular, respiratory, or hypertension issues