My Guide Website?
From Taormina: Sunset Experience on Mount Etna Upper Craters65 Reviews
Don't miss this unique occasion to ascend the volcano Etna by coach and jeep in the evocative atmosphere of the sunset. The volcano, perpetually active and a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2013, is the highest in Europe.
- Experience a gorgeous sunset from the highest authorized point of Mount Etna
- Take a fun jeep ride up the volcano
- Admire the possible activity of the summit craters from a safe proximity
- Enjoy an optional dinner at local restaurant at 1900m elevation
DescriptionBegin your journey by boarding a bus with your knowledgeable tour leader. This will take you approximately 1,900 meters (about 6,233 feet) up Mount Etna, where you will then switch to jeeps in order to get within a safe distance of the main crater area at 3,000 meters (about 9,840 feet) elevation. During your ascent, you’ll be escorted by licensed guides of the CAI - Italian Alpine Club. Mount Etna is an active volcano on the east coast of Sicily, and the tallest active volcano in Europe, standing at 3,350 meters (about 10,990 feet). It’s also one of the most active volcanoes in the world and in an almost constant state of activity since its first eruption about half a million years ago. After reaching the highest authorized area, stop to experience a stunning sunset as the fading sun’s colors cover the volcano, the Valley of the Bove, and all of the expansive surroundings. Following the sunset, return by jeep to 1,900 meters, at which point it will be time for dinner (cost not included) in a local restaurant to finish off the evening.
IncludesTransportation by coach and jeep Tour leader and Alpine guide service VAT and taxes
- Warm clothing and suitable shoes are recommended. Warm clothes will be available to rent on site with an extra charge
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or those with heart problems
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€105.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today