My Guide Website?
From Taormina: Etna Summit Area (2900m), Lunch & Alcantara29 Reviews
Get to the summit area of Mount Etna (2900 mt) by cableway and off-road vehicles and hike with the spectacular view of the active craters! Discover the Volcano with a professional naturalistic guide and enjoy the flavors of typical Sicilian cuisine.
- Climb to the summit area of the highest active volcano in Europe by cableway and off-road vehicles
- Enjoy the view of the active craters
- Explore one of the striking volcanic caves
- Taste a typical Sicilian lunch and wine
- Visit the Alcantara river
DescriptionStart your tour with 8:30 AM pickup at your accommodation, or in its close vicinity in Taormina and the surrounding area. You will travel in a small group of no more than 8 people for a more intimate and personalized experience. Drive to Etna South where you will start the ascent, first by cableway and then by off-road vehicles up to 2900/3000 meters. Here you will hike for approximately 45 minutes, walking through deserts of black ashes and extinct craters. Back at 2000 meters, you will be given the proper equipment, such as helmets and torches, to visit one of the striking lava caves of the volcano. Enjoy a typical Sicilian light lunch with local wine and drinks during the midday break. Finally, you will admire the Alcantara Gorges created when thick lava flows invaded the bed of the icy river Alcantara, giving rise to geometrically perfect rocks.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Insurance Entrance fees Equipment rentals, including hiking boots, jackets, and walking sticks Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Taormina/Giardini area Lunch
- Tours in other languages (French and Spanish) can only be arranged with adequate notice
- Please be advised this tour is not recommend to those who are not in a good state of health, especially to those suffering from cardio-respiratory conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now