My Guide Website?
Excursion to the great craters of Etna Nord (guide service)1 Reviews
Discover the wild north side of Etna on this guided trek. Drive up to 2860 meters and then hike along rarely visited paths with a volcano expert, seeing stunning volcanic chimneys and craters.
- Discover the side less frequented by tourists
- Panoramic trail with views of Taormina and the Aeolian Islands
- Walk along the edges of the largest craters on the north slope
- Valid alternative in case of Sommital Craters closed to the public due to volcanic risk
- Arrival at the highest point safely reachable with guides, in case of summit craters closed to the public
DescriptionThe route is a valid alternative to the Summit Craters, and is among the most complete and fascinating that can be offered, suitable for those who want to walk between fractures, visit lava caves and huge craters. The route of great volcanological interest, provides for a maximum altitude of 2860 meters reachable by 4x4 vehicle near Pizzi Deneri, after which the vehicle will take us to the edge of one of the craters on the north side of Etna, where the trek to the fracture of 24 February 1947 will visit volcanic chimneys entering from the effusive mouths, the path will continue among the craters of countless lateral eruptions : 1914/24,1809,1874,1879,1911,1923,1974/75 and more recent in 2002 for a total of 6 km until Piano Provenzana. The groups will be distributed according to the number and language of the participants in the various guides in order to avoid the formation of large groups. Departures scheduled every day at 8:00 am. Ascent with 4x4 vehicles from Piano Provenzana. Arrival at an altitude of 2805 m.t. Beginning of the trek at 2860 m.t. Descent with vehicle up to an altitude of 2400 m.t. Trekking fracture of 1947 Pause Continuation of the descent with a visit to the side craters of the various eruptions Arrival in Piano Provenzana 1800 m.t. Total duration of the trek: 4.5h Total km: 6 (variable value) Maximum altitude reached: 2860 m.t. Minimum altitude reached: 1800 m.t.
IncludesAuthorized Volcanological Guide Trekking poles Protective helmets Accident insurance Trekking shoes Warm Jackets
- - The price includes only the cost of the guide service and not the cost of the transport service that you will pay on the spot directly to your guide who will take care of the purchase of the tickets. - In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date. - For the success of the excursion and for its correct carrying out, it’s good to know perfectly your health conditions, and if necessary, let your guide know about them - The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals - The trekking is for moderately trained hikers (being a path that develops at high altitude) - The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force - Without adequate shoes, you are not covered by insurance - This excursion may be canceled if minimum numbers of 2 are not met