My Guide Website?
Etna: Guided Trekking Tour to Summit Craters917 Reviews
Try some of the most coveted trekking to the highest authorized safety altitude with a volcanological guide on this tour. Admire the extraordinary beauty of Etna and its surroundings of the summit craters.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- Admire an stunning landscape from the highest volcano in Europe
- Walk on the rim of the craters and feel in contact with nature
- Pass through a lava channel and admire the rock walls
- Take the cable car until 2,500 mt
- Walk in a lunar field between lava flows and hot spots
DescriptionEnjoy a physical challenge with rewarding views on this guided climb to the highest authorized safety altitude of Etna. Take breaks along the way and capture unique photos of the summit craters as you admire the stunning natural beauty all around you. After meeting and departing from Rifugio Sapienza, with the cable car you reach an altitude of 2,500 meters and here will start trekking on foot for about 2 hours uphill and 2 hours downhill by visiting a lava flow channel, with both ancient and recent lava flows until you reach the base of the most active crater at the moment, the Southeast Crater and the Central Crater. Then your guide will also take you to see the great craters of 2002 called Crateri Bargaballo. Enjoy a fun descent over the sand, overlooking Valle del Bove. Finish by taking a cable car to return to the starting point. Feel safe accompanied the entire way by volcanological guides, who are regularly authorized to guide on active volcanoes, in accordance with local ordinances and volcanic risk levels. They carry out this excursion to the maximum permitted safety level, currently planned at 3000 mt very close to the summit craters of the volcano. The hike, of great volcanological and geological interest, is a valid alternative to the Summit Craters (3,340 meters), and is among the most complete and fascinating trek you can make on Etna between craters, fractures, and lava flow.
IncludesHiking boots Volcano or Alpine guide Insurance coverage in the event of an accident Rock helmet
- This excursion is aimed at moderately trained hikers who are comfortable hiking on sandy or uneven terrain
- At the guide's discretion, the excursion may undergo variations in regard to weather conditions, environmental factors, or possible volcanic risks If the summit craters are forbidden due to the strong volcanic activity, the tour will undergo changes using only the cable car (€50 per person) and continuing on foot up to the maximum altitude
- The guide is entitled to stop the excursion for any reason that could compromise safety or physical integrity of an individual or the group
- This excursion may be canceled if the minimum number of 4 participants is not reached
- Please wear the listed items and bring an extra T-shirt, jacket, backpack (10-20L), water, snacks, and a packed lunch
- All guests are covered by insurance
- Maximum people in each group about 20