Etna 2000: Half-Day Private Tour from Taormina1 Reviews
Discover Europe's most active volcano with an expert mountain guide. You'll visit the "Crateri Silvestri" (two volcanic craters dating back to 1892), walking around their fascinating inactive caldera, and see the lava flows of 2001 and 2002.
- Reach 2000 meter (6,562 feet) altitude on the active volcano Etna with a private tour guide
- Visit the Crateri Silvestri and see the impressive lava flows from the early 2000's
- Enjoy a comfortable private transfer from Taormina to Rifugio Giovanni Sapienza
- Marvel at the natural beauty and the view all around you
DescriptionWhen you visit the eastern coast of Sicily, Mount Etna is a must-see, since it's the most active stratovolcano in the world. The eruptive history of this volcano goes back 500,000 years, and in June 2013 Etna became a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will depart from Taormina with a private van, a driver and your private tour guide. After about 1 hour, you'll reach Rifugio Giovanni Sapienza (1,900 meter altitude, 6.234 feet), where your hike starts. You will see the Silvestri Craters, two inactive craters formed as a result of the Mount Etna eruption of 1892. You'll also visit the impressive sites of the lava flows of 2001 and 2002. The 2002 eruption lasted from October 27th to January 29th 2003, and is considered one of the most explosive eruptions of the past 100 years. The hike will last about 2 hours, during which your tour guide will be happy to show you all the most important sites and stunning views from the volcano.
IncludesPrivate return transfer from Taormina Private tour guide Food and drinks
- The excursion is easy and suitable for everyone
- The private transfer will take about 1 hour each way
- It is recommended you wear hiking boots or comfortable hiking shoes
- Please bring a bottle of water and sunscreen, especially if you book this tour in summer
- Please note this activity always depends on weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY