My Guide Website?
Cefalu: Agrigento Temples and Scala dei Turchi Day Tour24 Reviews
Explore Agrigento and Scala dei Turchi on a day trip from Cefalu. See one of the best preserved ancient Greek sites at the Valley of Temples, and admire the cliffs and beaches of Scala dei Turchi.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Syracuse: Ragusa Ibla, Noto and Modica Private Day Trip
- Taormina: Sunset Walking Tour & Aperitif on Rooftop Terrace
- Mount Etna: Summit Crater Trek with Cable Car and 4x4 Option
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- Agrigento: Valley of the Temples Gardens Picnic Experience
- Have good time and a swim
- Walk over one of the stunning “Scala dei Turchi”
- Discover all the majestic beauties of its gigantic temples
- Walk the “Sacred way” of the Greek world
DescriptionLet be surrounded by architectural treasures, the Valley of the Temples is amongst the most evocative sites of the Greek world and one of the most important complexes outside the Greece. We will visit the temples which stand on the high ridge overlooking the sea, walking the Sacred Way, and discovering the magnificence of the Concordia Temple, which was converted in a Christian church in the 6th century and because of that spared from much of the devastation which afflicted the site over the centuries. You will walk between the Temple of Zeus ruins, the largest temple built by the Greeks, destroyed to build the harbor of the near town of Porto Empedocle. Named as one of the 10 wonderfully unique beach by Tripadvisor, Scala dei Turchi’s cliff rises between two fine sandy beaches, and to access it you have to proceed along the coast and climb into an ascent similar to a large natural limestone staircase. The Scala dei Turchi has a wavy and irregular shape, with lines that are not rough but sweet and roundish. The name comes from the past raids of Saracens pirates, named conventionally by locals as “Turchi' (Turkish), these pirates in fact found this site as a safer landing place for their ships, saving them from the beating of the hammering African winds, compared to the rest of the southern coastline.
- Restrictions: this tour is not suitable for persons who suffer from asthma, heart conditions, have walking difficulties.
- Activity level: moderate
- This once-in-a-lifetime scenic tour is suitable for families
- You will have some free time to swim