Catania: Mount Etna Trekking and Summit Craters2 Reviews
Discover the famous volcano under the care of a professional qualified guide. See the beauty and magnificence of Mount Etna, Europe's largest active volcano, and explore the mountain’s smoldering volcanic craters and lava fields.
- Journey to the top of Mount Etna on foot and by cable car
- Discover the incredible craters of the beautiful landscape
- Enjoy guidance from a highly qualified expert guide
- Hear detailed explanations about the volcano
DescriptionFrom the meeting point at Funivia dell'Etna, you’ll start the day by catching the cable car and bus to the trailhead. After trekking for about 2 kilometers, you will reach the western portion of the summit crater terrace where it is possible to admire the stateliness of the Central Crater. The trekking will continue along the crater wall before starting downhill on the steep path constituted by ash and volcanic scoria along the southern portion of the summit. Complete the extraordinary journey back to Rifugio Sapienza by cable car.
IncludesTrek to the summit craters of Mount Etna Guidance by a professional volcanology guide Helmet Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks 50 fee for cable car and 4x4 bus ticket Hiking gear other than helmet
- This tour is not recommended for people with breathing difficulties or other serious medical conditions
- Cable car and bus ticket must be paid in cash on the day at a cost of €50
- This tour is subject to weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY