My Guide Website?
Catania: Mount Etna Guided Hiking Tour14 Reviews
Explore Mount Etna safely on a guided tour with an expert and admire fascinating views of nature. Ride the cable car, then trek through caves and recent lava flows near the craters at the top.
- Discovering the lunar volcanic landscape
- Walking on hot volcanic rocks due to recent eruptions
- Visit to the fumaroles that emit hot gases
- Explanations of geology and volcanology by authorized guide
- Discover the incredible effects of recent eruptions
DescriptionClimb up to an altitude of 3,000 meters and admire breathtaking views near the top craters of Mount Etna. Join a certified guide on a unique adventure in Catania and explore an active volcano safely, by staying away from the danger zone. Starts from the Sapienza refuge at 1,900 meters above sea level. Take the cable car up to an altitude of 2,500 meters. Begin your trek up to the maximum allowed altitude, passing by the still-steaming lava flows of the most recent eruptions. See the caves where lava travels to the base of the most active crater at the moment, the Southeast Crater. Afterward, be taken to the great craters of 2002, and then descend by a fun sand trail to the cable car station to return to the starting point.
IncludesAuthorized volcanological guide Trekking poles Helmets Accident insurance Entrance fee - Etna Warm jackets Trekking shoes Backpack
- This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants in total In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date There is no advance payment for transportation. The guide will take you inside the office of the Funivia dell'Etna for the payment of the return tickets, just before the departure The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals The trekking is for moderately trained hikers The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force Without adequate shoes, you are not covered by insurance