My Guide Website?
Catania: Explore Mount Etna1 Reviews
Explore Mount Etna by cable car and trek up to 2920 meters in height to discover the newest eruption sites. Pass by hot flows and summit craters, learn about Volcanology, and visit the 2002 crater.
- Discovering the lunar volcanic landscape
- Walking on hot volcanic rocks due to recent eruptions
- Visit to the fumaroles that emit hot gases
- Explanations of geology and volcanology by authorized guide
- Discover the incredible effects of recent eruptions
DescriptionDue to the continuous seismic activity of the Southeast Crater, the Institute of Volcanology has sent a safety notice that does not allow us to reach the top of Etna. The limit with the guides is 2920 meters above sea level. The limit without a guide instead is at 2500 meters. At the moment the volcanic tremor has not diminished, which means that until the volcanological parameters do not diminish (if the volcano does not return to a state of calm), we are not allowed to take tourists into the danger zone. The hike begins at the Sapienza refuge at 1,900 meters above sea level. You will take the cable car (round trip) up to an altitude of 2,500 meters. Here you will begin your trek on foot up to an altitude of 2920 meters, passing by the still smoldering lava flows from the most recent eruptions and Etna's most active crater at the moment, the Southeast Crater. Then your guide will take you to see also the 2002 craters with still very hot fumaroles. The return from 2920 meters is on foot till the cable car station (2500 meters).
IncludesAuthorized volcanological guide Trekking poles Helmets Accident insurance Entrance fee - Etna Warm jackets Trekking shoes Backpack
- - In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date. - There is no advance payment for transportation. The guide will take you inside the office of the Funivia dell'Etna for the payment of the return tickets, just before the departure. - For the success of the excursion and for its correct carrying out, it’s good to know perfectly your health conditions, and if necessary, let your guide know about them - The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals - The trekking is for moderately trained hikers (being a path that develops at high altitude) - The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force - Without adequate shoes, you are not covered by insurance - This excursion may be canceled if minimum numbers of 2 are not met