My Guide Website?
2-Hour Private Taormina Guided Tour3 Reviews
Explore Taormina, an authentic gem of Sicily on a 2-hour private guided walking tour. Discover the monuments, the buildings, and the stories that made Taormina one of the most important and beautiful towns in the whole Sicily in the past and now as well.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sicily:If youʻre booking your trip to Sicily last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Trapani: Favignana and Levanzo Mini Cruise with Lunch
- From Lipari: Panarea and Stromboli Cruise with Stops
- Sicily: The Godfather Filming Locations Tour
- Taormina or Giardini Naxos: Off-Road ATV Tour of Mount Etna
- From Trapani: Salt Road Tour With Winery Visit and Boat Trip
- Enjoy a full immersion guided tour of Taormina and its main monuments
- Admire Taormina's beautiful Greek-Roman Amphitheatre, the Cathedral, Corvaia Palace, Porta Messina and much more
- Be amazed by the stunning natural landscape all around you, such as the mountains and the Mediterranean sea
DescriptionSpectacularly perched on the side of a mountain, Taormina is one of Sicily's most popular destinations all year round. It's rich in history, art, culture and tradition, besides being located in one of the most breathtaking spots of the whole country. Founded in the 4th century BC, Taormina enjoyed great prosperity under the Greek ruler Gelon II and later under the Romans but fell into quiet obscurity after being conquered by the Normans in 1087. Its reincarnation as a tourist destination dates to the 18th century, when northern Europeans discovered it on the Grand Tour. Among its fans was DH Lawrence, who lived here between 1920 and 1923. With this 2-hour private guided tour, you will enjoy the most important treasures of the town. You'll explore some of its most important and famous sites and admire the stunning signs of the Roman and Greek eras all around you. You'll get to see the Ancient Greek Theatre, the Piccolo Teatro Odeon, the Corvaia Palace, Corso Umberto and Porta Messina among other things.
IncludesPrivate tour led by an expert guide Guided visit inside the Ancient Greek Theatre
- Please note that the price of this tour does not include any entrance fees. The ticket to visit the Ancient Greek Theatre can be bought on the spot (€10 per person). This experience is only available for groups of maximum 10 people